This is a page with a collection of links to materials that I have found helpful for scientific computing.
GUI editor for LaTex-style documents.
Never waste money on Microsoft products again.
Full-featured LaTex editor.
BibTex references manager.
Data Analysis in Python
Statistics in IPython.
- pandas (data management)
- scikit-learn (machine learning)
- NLTK (natural language processing)
- gensim (topic modelling and word embeddings)
- tensorflow keras (neural nets)
- huggingface transformers (transformer models)
- statsmodels (statistics)
- selenium (web scraping)
Connect to a Postgres server in Python.
Import SQL data as a pandas DataFrame.
FTP and SFTP access.
Synchronize files across machines.
The industry standard for version control.
PDF tool for batch split, merge, etc.
Batch image processing.
Open-source video player. OpenSUSE Media Codecs.
Running Linux programs on Windows:
- The best, easiest, open-source, platform-independent audio recording application.
- Open-source digital audio workstation (a steep learning curve!).